Get involved and support or set up your own Think Active Support Groups programme in Lincolnshire - providing Lincolnshire residents with mental health support while taking steps into a more active lifestyle.
Evidence suggests that both physical activity and being outside in nature can help your mood and generate a sense of well-being.
Our Active Lincolnshire Think Active Support Groups provide physical activity sessions for people living with low-level mental illness or with a history of poor mental health, connecting participants with like-minded individuals and encouraging them to engage with conversations about mental health. The programme contains Walking, Dancing and Yoga sessions across the county.
Each walking, dance and yoga session provides an environment for people to come together and take their first steps into a more active lifestyle and also to chat with people who can share experiences. Participants will be led and supported by fully qualified instructors to take part in entry-level physical activity - but they will focus on more than just the moves, where talking, socialised and sharing experiences will be more of the focus.
Registration for people wanting to take part is simple; just get in touch using the link below and we can put you in contact with your local group leader. All sessions are free of charge and most sessions have tea, coffee and light refreshment available afterwards.
We are currently running sessions in the following areas:
- Grantham - Walk and Talk (all), Alma Wood, Wednesdays at 10 am
- Market Rasen - Dog Walk, Walesby Woods Market Rasen, various times Find out more
- Pinchbeck - Walk and Talk, Baptiste Church Knight Street, Wednesdays at 12 noon
- Online (virtual) - Mindful Yoga, Thursdays at 11.30 am. Book online here.
- Billinghay - Walk and Talk, Hudson Fitness, Fridays at 10.30 am
- Theddlethorpe Beach - Dance Free in Nature, Saturday/ Sundays at 10 am. Email for more details.
- COMING SOON: Boston - Dance Free in Nature
You can use the link to share with your audience to register interest in attending here.
If you are interested in setting up a new Think Active group get in touch with Matt Evans