Levelling the Playing Field Across Lincolnshire
Active Lincolnshire Stakeholder Event 2022
Monday 12 September, 10am - 3.15pm
Boston United Football Club, PE21 7NE / FREE
Our annual stakeholder conference focuses on the role of all stakeholders to tackle the inequalities faced by residents
Active Lincolnshire's annual stakeholder conference will focus on the role of all stakeholders to achieving our shared ambition set out in the Let's Move Lincolnshire strategy. We will look at the ambitions of the strategy through the lens of the inequalities faced by Lincolnshire residents to accessing opportunities. You will hear from key note speakers about work happening to enable more people to move more, and from people with lived experience of facing inequalities. Delegates will explore the practicalities of how we work together to think differently to address Lincolnshire's inequalities.
- What does inequality mean to Lincolnshire? Exploring how we can remove barriers to participation to provide an equitable physical activity and sport offer and what this means in our shared commitment to enabling people in Lincolnshire to move more.
- Women's Sport: It's about more than equal pay. With the recent success of the Lionesses and the Commonwealth Games - the first competition to award more women's medals than men's, we hear about how we can provide a more level playing field for women and girls.
- Inclusive People, Places and Spaces. Active Lincolnshire's Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Manager in conversation with Lorna Fillingham, campaigner and parent carer of a 12-year old child with significant learning and physical disabilities. She'll be sharing her knowledge and experiences on how attitudes, culture, environments, effect inclusion and how to rethink current approaches and make reasonable adjustments that tackle the inequalities currently faced by disabled people.
- Let's Move Lincolnshire: Active Lincolnshire's Journey so Far. This session will explore the work of Active Lincolnshire and its focus on tackling inequalities.
- Let's Move Lincolnshire: Our Journey Together. Bringing the Let's Move Lincolnshire strategy to life through examples that will underpin discussions for delegates to identify their role in ensuring that Lincolnshire is a place where everyone has the opportunity to be physically active every day.
- Connecting with the Health and Wellbeing System. Active Lincolnshire's work with the Health Sector began in 2021 and has developed significantly over the last 12 months. Through The Let's Move Lincolnshire strategy consultation health and care, and physical activity stakeholders identified the need to bring the sectors closer together. This session will explore the hot topics arising from the ongoing evaluations on programme delivery and system change with ROC Research. Delegates will identify opportunities to bring primary, secondary and community care closer to physical activity considering prevention to management and rehabilitation.
- Greater Lincolnshire's Future Physical Activity and Sport Workforce. This session led by Lincolnshire Open Research and Innovation Centre (LORIC) will explore the initial findings and trends of the research they are undertaking to identify the economic impact, value and employment generated through the sport, physical activity and leisure sector including how the sector prepares itself to meet local need in the future.