Emergency First Aid for Sport
Active Lincolnshire Hub
Course Name: Emergency First Aid for Sport
Date: Wednesday 24th November
Time: 6:30pm – 9:30pm
Venue: Active Lincolnshire Offices, Newland House, The Point, Weaver Road, Lincoln, LN6 3QN
Cost: £40 per person
More about the course:
The certificate will last for 3 years from the date of the course.
There is no formal exam, a certificate of attendance will be issued. This course is not regulated by the HSE.
On completion of training, candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross-infection
- The need for recording incidents and accidents
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and
- effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Provide basic instruction in the use of an AED
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded, bleeding and in shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
Suitable for sports coaches that have a basic responsibility for their team members.